Any Time Meals are balanced meals that contain healthy portions of quality protein, carbohydrates and fat. Spice up your lunch with this protein packed dish. Try it out and let us know what you think. Tag @fitandnu on IG or FB – we wanna know!
Any Time Meals are balanced meals that contain healthy portions of quality protein, carbohydrates and fat. We’re feeling this Breakfast Bowl. This recipe should definitely have it’s own soundtrack. Try it out and let us know what you think. Tag @fitandnu on IG or FB – we wanna know! Even though it says Breakfast Bowl, feel free to enjoy any time.
This is our NU favorite snack! This toast is on a whole ‘notha level. Each slice gets you about 9 grams of protein (1/2 of a palm) – the perfect serving to satisfy and get you to your next meal. If you choose Ezekiel Bread, you can gain an extra 4 grams of protein per slice. Ezekiel Bread is a sprouted grain bread, usually found in the freezer or refrigerated aisle at your local grocer.
Learn the top 8 things every new member should know after joining FIT & NU fitness and nutrition club!
1. Training with your FIT Coach requires energy. Always fuel your body with a small serving of protein + optional healthy fat 15 minutes to 2 hours before your workout. No fruit or grains before your workout tho. No. No. No.
2. After a workout replenish the muscle glycogen you burned during your workout. Eat protein with lots of veggies + fruit and/or a starch. Starch (grains, bread, pasta, potatoes) only AFTER a workout.
3. Classes fill up fast! Do your best to enroll into your training sessions (12 hours +) in advance + cancel when you can’t make it to open up a spot for those who may be wait-listed.
4.It’s about PROGRESS, not PERFECTION. Creating healthy habits is a process that you must trust. It requires patience with yourself. More victories are won when reaching for progress than perfection.
5. We don’t do weight loss, we do fat loss. Your monthly body composition analysis should take the place of your scale. Your weight does not define your true progress nor does it define you.
6. Our approach is habit based. You have to be ready and willing to work on the mind in order to change the body.
7. Your coach’s job is to keep you accountable. Your job is to do the work. You only get out what you put in.
8. You Personal Wellness Plan (inside of the FIT & NU Coach app) is the calendar of activities designed to elevate your healthy habit formation. It’s updated monthly with your NU Coach during NU Check-ins. Work the plan and the plan will work.
Find more tips, answers to frequently asked questions and membership policies and procedures here.